Previously on the Advent Calendar House, we let the goofy alien puppet with the jokes toy with our emotions in “ALF’s Special Christmas.”
🦃 This time, join us around the Fappiano table as we aim a spoonful of squash back to 1988 for a special, 2-part Thanksgiving episode of “ALF.” Too bad he’s already eaten the turkey, but there might still be some sweet potato pie in the garage, with the homeless man.
💬 Topics & Tangents:
2. ALF ruined Willie’s best belt to make his Thanksgiving pageant headdress.
3. Oh no, Tom brought up Gerbert.
4. Melmac’s version of Thanksgiving is named for Bob Fappiano, ALF’s assistant puppeteer.
5. ALF trying to eat wax fruit reminded me of Rizzo in “The Muppet Christmas Carol.”
6. I’m sad to report “Das Cornucopia, from Wagner Strauss’s ‘Der Feaster Famine,’” is not real.
8. What football game were the Alien Task Force agents watching?
9. Chad still has his ALF doll from Burger King.
10. ALF co-hosting the 1989 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
📼 Commercial Break:
Fan Fix-tion, a podcast about nerdy things.
“ALF” and “Turkey in the Straw” © 1988 Alien Productions.
Theme song by Bronwen’s Ghost.
Full show notes and social links at adventcalendar.house.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast
Title: ALF: Turkey in the Straw