🎄 It’s 1995, and a couple of giant space monsters with swords are about to lose a snowball fight against the powerless Power Rangers, who can’t Morph at the North Pole due to a cross-current of holiday magic. And also magnets.
You can watch I’m Dreaming of a White Ranger on the official Powers Rangers YouTube Channel.
Andre Bennett (@AndreBennettGO).
Lindy Kempe (@ieatvideogames).
💬 Topics & Tangents:
1. I’m Dreaming of a White Ranger on Ranger Wiki.
2. Dynaman, an English-dubbed parody of Super Sentai on the USA Network’s Night Flight, circa 1988.
4. Differences between the aired TV episode and the VHS cut, which was released 2 months earlier.
5. The Order, a proposed, Expendables-style film starring former Power Rangers.
6. Amy Jo Johnson (Kimberly) directed a Season 2 episode of Superman & Lois.
7. The Ranger “in jail” we alluded to isn’t even in this episode.
8. Affirmative Clothing Company, co-founded by David Yost (Billy).
9. Paul Schrier (Bulk) finally got to play a legit Ranger in 2017 in the web series Power Rangers Hyperforce.
10. Robert von Fliss has 4 credits on IMDb, and they’re all as Santa Claus.
11. The real-life Command Center: The House of the Book at the American Jewish University.
12. Rito Revolto, a giant skeleton warrior, learning about holiday spirit is just the Skeletor scene all over again.
📼 Retro Commercial Break:
Pizza Hut: “Right Field,” 1990, from the VHS release of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
Diet Coke: “Choose Wisely,” 1990, from the VHS release of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
🎤 And Now, These Messages:
Behind the Bells, a one-horse open sleigh ride into the world of Christmas movies.
“Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” and “I’m Dreaming of a White Ranger” © 1995 Saban Entertainment, Inc.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast
Title: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: I’m Dreaming of a White Ranger