🎄 It’s 1979, by way of 1933 — or the other way around — and the human from Fraggle Rock has broken into my garage with a haunted choir of singing children.
Join us as we turn the dial on our haunted time-traveling radio to find Henry Winkler at the height of his fame as the Fonz hiding under multiple layers of makeup as a Scrooge figure in Great Depression-era New England.
Tom Coombs (The Pop Daddy)
Scott Leopold (Holly Jolly X’masu)
💬 Topics & Tangents:
1. Watch “An American Christmas Carol” on YouTube, courtesy of Shout Factory.
2. Henry Winkler interview on being asked to play a Scrooge figure.
3. The Ford Model TT truck, in example.
4. Dorian Harewood (Matt Reeves/Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come) filling in for James Avery as Shredder.
6. Robin Williams on “Sesame Street” showing Elmo different ways to play with a stick.
7. “Sister Kenny,” based on the true story of an Australian nurse.
📼 Commercial Break:
Holly Jolly X’masu, your podcast destination for Japanese Christmas music.
“An American Christmas Carol” © 1979 Scrooge Productions, Inc.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast
Title: An American Christmas Carol