“Father Christmas”…that’s what they call Santa Claus in England, right? Well, sort of, but there’s more to it than that. Join me and guest professor Gerry Bowler to look into the origins of this often misunderstood Christmas character.
Music in This Episode
- “A Peaceful Winter” — Scott Holmes, via Free Music Archive
- “Sentimental Light Hopeful Tender Piano” — Ashot-Danielyan-Composer, via Pixabay
- “Classical Piano And Cello” — Ashot-Danielyan-Composer, via Pixabay
- “Romanesca” — Cheryl Ann Fulton, via Magnatune Compilation
- “I Saw Three Ships” — James Edwards, via Magnatune Compilation
- “Modern Christmas Full no Santa” —Muzaproduction, via Pixabay
Buy the Christmas Past Book!
Order your copy today. And remember…it makes a great gift!
Share a Christmas memory
Be on the podcast! Just record a voice memo into your phone and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it reasonably short, clean and family friendly, and be sure to say your name and where you’re from.
Keep in touch
Listen to this episode of the Christmas Past
Author: Brian Earl
Title: Backstory — Father Christmas