They’re the spiced cookie with the funny sounding (to American ears) name. Pfeffernusse — or, “pepper nuts” in English — contain neither pepper nor nuts. And for centuries, the original recipe has been a closely guarded secret. Baker and podcaster Glen Warren joins me in this episode.
Mentioned in This Episode
Music in This Episode
- “The Poplar Grove” — Blue Dot Sessions, via Free Music Archive
- “Midvinter” — Scott Buckley, via scottbuckley.com.au
- “Felix Mendelssohn: Songs Without Words” Vassily Primakov, via Free Music Archive
- “The First Noel – Silent Night” — Ralph Rousseau Meulenbroeks, via Magnatune Compilation
- “Piano Moment” — Zakhar Valaha Music, via Pixabay
- “Jingle Bells” — Scott Holmes Music, via Free Music Archive
Buy the Christmas Past Book!
Order your copy today. And remember…it makes a great gift!
Share a Christmas memory
Be on the podcast! Just record a voice memo into your phone and send it to email@example.com. Keep it reasonably short, clean and family friendly, and be sure to say your name and where you’re from.
Keep in touch
Listen to this episode of the Christmas Past
Author: Brian Earl
Title: Backstory — Pfeffernusse