It’s Garbage Day! Join us as we look happily deranged back to 1996 to follow Pete and Pete’s brother, Pete, on their mission to keep the Christmas spirit alive for as long as possible, and keep their Christmas tree safe from the evil Garbageman.
Find full show notes and links at: https://adventcalendar.house/episodes/adventures-of-pete-and-pete-o-christmas-pete
🎙 On This Episode:
• Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), pile of garbage slowly and steadily growing at the front curb.
• Tom Coombs (@classictomedy), armed with a flamethrower I got him for Christmas to help clean his room.
💬 Topics & Tangents:
• Snow Day was originally conceived as a Pete & Pete movie.
• The first Pete & Pete short, “What Would You Do for a Dollar?”
• Danny Tamberelli (Little Pete) as Jimmy De Santa in Grand Theft Auto 5.
• Judy Grafe’s (Mom) résumé, and her current work for FEMA.
• Hardy Rawls (Dad) as the Maytag Repairman circa 2005.
• Chad and Michael May talk Silent Night, Deadly Night on Sleigh Bell Cinema.
• David Johansen sings “Garbageman’s Ballad.”
• Garbageman’s hijacking of Little Pete’s Yule Log reminds us of the Max Headroom Pirating Incident.
• A mini ode to character actress Marilyn Dobrin as the Wrigleys’ notably loud neighbor.
📼 Retro Commercial Break:
🎤 And Now, These Messages:
“The Adventures of Pete & Pete” and “O’ Christmas Pete” © 1995 Viacom.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast