🎄 It’s 2016, and a Scrooge-like unicorn is brewing a potion to eliminate Hearth’s Warming Eve from the calendar. That’s how potions work, right?
Join us for a Scrooge Sunday canter through a “Christmas Carol” adaptation set in Equestria, the world of “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.”
Jon and Bin (Bin’s Toy Bin, Santa by the Minute).
💬 Topics & Tangents:
1. Watch “A Hearth’s Warming Tail” on YouTube.
2. Mike on Santa by the Minute.
3. The first My Little Pony special, from 1984: “Rescue at Midnight Castle.”
4. Patton Oswalt on My Little Pony.
5. Patton Oswalt literally on My Little Pony.
6. “It’s a Pony Kind of Christmas,” featuring characters who don’t celebrate Christmas singing Christmas songs, so the show’s composer had to clarify it wasn’t canon.
7. The mysterious “Derpy,” a.k.a. Muffins.
8. A short tangent about “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” air fresheners.
9. Today’s TV Trope: And You Were There.
10. A scene was cut featuring Discord in the Jacob Marley role.
11. He’s not in this episode, but there’s a character named Cheese Sandwich who is literally “Weird Al” Yankovic as a pony.
12. Bin takes roll call at the Hearth’s Warming Eve party.
📼 Retro Commercial Break:
My Little Pony Dream Castle Commercial, 1983.
The Hub Network: 12 Days of Ponies Promo, 2014.
🎤 And Now, These Messages:
Santa by the Minute, covering “Santa Claus: The Movie” one minute at a time.
“My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic” and “A Hearth’s Warming Tail” © 2016 Hasbro Studios.
Theme song by Bronwen’s Ghost.
Full show notes and social links at adventcalendar.house.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast
Title: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: A Hearth’s Warming Tail