As a Thanksgiving treat, enjoy a deep dive down the rabbit hole of Santa history with Tom Jerman, author of Santa Claus Worldwide: A History of St. Nicholas and Other Holiday Gift-Bringers. This is my favorite book of Santa history, and Tom and I covered a lot of ground.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Buy the book!
- From Amazon
- From McFarland Publishers
- Tom’s new website A Collection of Santas with new blog posts summarizing topics in Santa history and other treats.
- Books mentioned:
- The Children’s Friend (1821)
- Irving’s Knickerbocker’s History of New York (later version)
- Glen Warren’s Season’s Eatings Podcast
Music from the episode:
- “Sankt Niklas war ein Seemann” – Freddy Quinn
- “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” – Wilf Carter
- “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” – Chadron Polka Band
If you’re feeling generous, check out my Patreon page here where you can get all kinds of bonuses throughout the year. You can also buy me a “coffee” ($3 gifts) at Ko-Fi.com.
Or PLEASE LEAVE A WEIRD REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS OR YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP! Send me a note that you did (firstname.lastname@example.org), and I’ll send you a sticker!
Listen to this episode of the Weird Christmas podcast
Author: Craig Kringle
Title: Santa is NOT St Nick – Tom Jerman and Santa Claus Worldwide
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!