As a Thanksgiving treat, enjoy a deep dive down the rabbit hole of Santa history with Tom Jerman, author of Santa Claus Worldwide: A History of St. Nicholas and Other Holiday Gift-Bringers. This is my favorite book of Santa history, and Tom and I covered a lot of ground.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Buy the book!
- Tom’s new website A Collection of Santas with new blog posts summarizing topics in Santa history and other treats.
- Books mentioned:
- Glen Warren’s Season’s Eatings Podcast
Music from the episode:
- “Sankt Niklas war ein Seemann” – Freddy Quinn
- “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” – Wilf Carter
- “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” – Chadron Polka Band
Or PLEASE LEAVE A WEIRD REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS OR YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP! Send me a note that you did (email@example.com), and I’ll send you a sticker!
Listen to this episode of the Weird Christmas podcast
Author: Craig Kringle
Title: Santa is NOT St Nick – Tom Jerman and Santa Claus Worldwide