🎄 It’s 1971, and Alastair Sim is delivering an even more animated performance as Scrooge.
Join us as we invade your personal space for salute an animated adaptation of “A Christmas Carol” that bent the rules and became the last TV special to win an Oscar, directed by Richard Williams and executive produced by Chuck Jones.
💬 Topics & Tangents:
1. Michael May’s Christmas Carol Project entries on 1971’s “A Christmas Carol.”
3. John Leech’s original illustrations for the Dickens story.
5. The rarely seen Phantom Hearse.
6. Visions of Young Scrooge’s favorite stories dancing in his head.
8. One notable businessman from the future and his gross nose.
📼 Retro Commercial Break:
NyQuil Scrooge Commercial, circa 1968.
🎤 And Now, These Messages:
“A Christmas Carol” (1971) © Richard Williams Productions.
Theme song by Bronwen’s Ghost.
Full show notes and social links at adventcalendar.house.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast
Title: A Christmas Carol (1971)