Join us on a sleigh ride back to the ancient year 2014 to find out why the fate of Christmas is in the hands of Murray Weiner (it rhymes with “diner”), who lives in a hidden town that’s home to more than a couple dozen holiday mascots… but mostly just the American ones.
Full episodes with links at: https://adventcalendar.house/episodes/how-murray-saved-christmas
🎙 On This Episode:
• Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), suffering from superficial fractures of his little baby toeses.
💬 Topics & Tangents:
• The 45-minute special was trimmed to a half-hour, which removed some bad jokes, but also Murray’s backstory.
• Speaking of super offensive things, Marc Mero as Johnny B. Badd, for reference.
• Today’s TV Trope: Santa’s Sweatshop.
• “Vishnu” (totally not Vishnu) takes The Problem with Apu to a new low.
• Every LBGT Joke on The Simpsons Ever (as of early 2021).
• There’s an actual National Milkmen Day… but on June 26, not August 12.
🗓 All the holidays represented in Stinky Cigars:
- New Year’s Day,
- Groundhog Day,
- Valentine’s Day,
- Chinese New Year,
- Mardi Gras,
- Presidents Day,
- St. Patrick’s Day,
- April Fool’s Day,
- Arbor Day,
- Earth Day,
- Secretary’s Day (we think),
- May Day,
- Cinco de Mayo,
- Mother’s Day,
- Graduation Day?
- Father’s Day (maybe… there are multiple Father Times),
- Independence Day,
- Bastille Day,
- Labor Day,
- Columbus Day,
- Veterans Day,
- and Jack Frost is there, because sure!
📼 Retro Commercial Break:
🎤 And Now, These Messages:
• Tinsel Tunes.
“How Murray Saved Christmas” © 2014 Universal Animation Studios.
Listen to this episode of the Advent Calendar House podcast
Title: How Murray Saved Christmas